5 ways to save during the lockdown
- Post DateMon Jun 01 2020
The lockdown has placed many of us way outside our comfort zones. Trying to work or study from home can be challenging, and worrying about money adds to the stresses. But, by being mindful and practising a few simple steps, you can turn the lockdown into an opportunity to save! Here are a few tried-and-tested examples:
- Ditch the remote. Being at home doesn’t mean you have to watch TV all day. You can save on your electricity bill by scaling back your TV time – and switching off your TV at the plug point. There are many other things you can do to pass your time. You could, for example, enjoy playing a game with your children, you could clean the fridge or a cupboard, you can get your paperwork sorted and file documents away safely, or you could start an exercise routine at home!
- Switch off the lights during the day. Social distancing doesn’t mean that you have to remain hidden. Open your windows and doors. Turn off the lights and let natural light come in.
- Unplug your cellphone charger when you are not using it. The charger still draws electricity even if your cellphone is not plugged in. Every little bit counts.
- Limit your data usage. Give yourself a break from your cellphone, laptop or tablet. Your wallet will thank you (you won’t be buying data frequently) and your eyes will too! There are some great data options that have been introduced during these times. Take a few minutes to find one that works for you.
- Cook a big meal then store some away in containers to use in the coming days. You will save on your electricity
bill (by not cooking every day) and your grocery bill (you won’t need to shop for food items for days).
We believe that saving money is the greatest gift you can give yourself. We have four products designed to help you save. Click here for details on how uSave, Save Together, Eezisave and Fixed Deposit Accounts can transform your life. Or call 086000 8322 for help.