Designation: 3x Drivers (1 per region)
Region: North Region, Free State Region and Eastern Cape Region.
Job Grade: B3
Department/Branch: Service Delivery
Vacancy Manager: Facilities Manager
Purpose of the job :The overall purpose of this position is to drive, deliver and collection of the “bank on wheels” vehicle to sites according to requested schedule and within timelines as well as compliance with the rules of operating the vehicle.
Key Performance Areas
1. Drive vehicle responsibly and recording of accidents and incidents
• Obtain scheduled route trip from the planner, no deviation allowed from planned route.
• Drive in a responsible manner in order to portray a professional attitude and to obey safety rules and regulations.
• Obey all traffic regulations.
• Report all accidents to SAPS, JOC and/ or traffic department.
2. Maintain vehicle standards and comply with company equipment and vehicle procedures
• Check that all equipment in the vehicle is in working order.
• Conduct vehicle audit using vehicle check-list before commencement of duty.
• Report minor defects before commencement of duty and record and maintain a vehicle log book for action.
• Responsible and accountable for all equipment used in the vehicle.
• Responsible for the cleanliness of the vehicle (washed daily).
3. Perform control function of scheduled trips and Security Drills
• Perform radio check with JOC department prior to departure from the site in the morning.
• Comply with instructions given to ensure that company codes are adhered to and precautions are taken to protect crew and load.
• Takes preventative action and reports any suspicious activity is noticed to JOC department.
4. Health and Safety
• Report all safety incidents to the relevant people.
• Attend safety education and refresher programmes.
• Comply with safety policies and procedures at workplace.
• Wear protective clothing all the time as required for the role.
Qualifications required (Must)
• Grade 12 is essential.
• 2-3 Years working experience
• A valid Code 14 driver’s licence is essential.
• A PDP licence is essential.
• Knowledge of Ubank’s policies and procedures.
• Knowledge of principles of Safety, Health, Risk, Quality and Environment.
• Knowledge of legislation, regulations codes and by-laws relating to Transportation.
• Complete vehicle inspection and accident /incident reporting.
• Economic driving skills.
• Technical skills on vehicle.
• Supporting and working with others.
• Acting professionally.
• Delivering great customer service.
• Ability to communicate in various South African languages.
• Ability to prioritise, work independently, handle pressure and be flexible.
Role model for six Ubank Behaviours (Must)
• Care – Treat colleagues and customers with dignity, integrity and respect.
• Harona – Protect and enhance our reputation. Be proud of who we are.
• Achieve – Drive performance at pace and deliver on our promises.
• Nurture – Actively participate in our communities.
• Grow – Develop ourselves and our people.
• Energise – Demonstrate positive energy, enthusiasm and passion. Celebrate success!
Interested applicants who meet the job requirements should e-mail their CVs to firstname.lastname@example.org
APPOINTMENTS WILL BE MADE IN COMPLIANCE WITH UBANK’S EMPLOYMENT EQUITY POLICY.
If you do not hear from us within 30 days please consider your application not successful