Designation : Sales Consultant
Job Grade : B5
Department/Branch : Northam
Business Unit Retail : Banking Services
Vacancy Manager : Branch Manager
Key Performance Areas:
- Develop an individual sales plan, action daily targets and monitor to ensure achievement of targets.
- Conduct a need analysis to identify the needs of the customers when issuing new business or giving product advice.
- Carry out accurate affordability assessments on clients applications.
- To apply both proactive and reactive plans for ensuring customer retention and growth.
- Engage and manage relevant stakeholders (internal and external).
- Identify opportunities for cross selling and know the products to sell.
- Proactive use of our customer data to identify opportunities.
- Ensure that leads are logged correctly to explore cross selling opportunities.
- Proactively build customer relationships, earn trust in order to get referral business and retain customer loyalty.
- Ensure accurate capturing, updating or amending of customer information.
- Conduct customer education and awareness sessions.
- Follow-up and obtain customer feedback.
- Source new leads through external contacts and other channels to increase customer base.
- Deliver exceptional service that exceeds clients expectations through proactive, innovative and appropriate solutions.
- Deliver end to end customer management process through continuous engagement by facilitating the application process on behalf of the customer, manage all internal dependencies, close the deal and manage post sales queries.
Qualifications required (Must):
- Grade 12 is essential.
- Relevant Diploma in Banking/Retail/Sales is essential.
- Fit & Proper (FAIS) qualification or equivalent/related qualification as per Government Gazette No. 32268 of 2009 plus product related experience).
- Knowledge of NCA, FICA and Money Laundering.
Specific experience required:
- 12 Months (1 year) Sales experience in Retail or Banking environment (transactional Banking experience within Retail or Banking environment preferred).
- Experience in customer interfacing role.
Personal attributes/Competencies (skills, knowledge and characteristics):
- Hunting skills.
- Excellent Communication.
- Persuasion and Influence.
- Problem solving / Solutions driven.
- Planning and Organising.
- Emotional Intelligence (controls emotions).
- Multilingual (including local community language).
- High energy and drive for sales.
- Interpersonal and relationship building skills.
- Customer centric.
- Networking ability.
- Ability to identify business opportunities.
- Maintain confidentiality.
- Consulting skills.
- Presentation skills.
Role model for six Ubank Behaviours (Must):
- Care – Treat colleagues and customers with dignity, integrity and respect
- Harona – Protect and enhance our reputation. Be proud of who we are
- Achieve – Drive performance at pace and deliver on our promises
- Nurture – Actively participate in our communities
- Grow – Develop ourselves and our people
- Energise – Demonstrate positive energy, enthusiasm and passion. Celebrate success!
Interested applicants who meet the job requirements should e-mail their CVs to email@example.com
APPOINTMENTS WILL BE MADE IN COMPLIANCE WITH UBANK’S EMPLOYMENT EQUITY POLICY.