One of the pillars driving the Ubank business strategy is community development. Investing in the communities in which we operate, forms a critical part of how we do business hence the Bank’s commitment to allocate 4% of the pre-tax profits to community development annually.
Driven by the social objective of improving the quality of their community’s lives, ubank’s CSI focus is on empowering its communities through community investment in sustainable educational programmes. As a wholly owned trust, Ubank has a unique ownership structure that is jointly managed by the National Union of Mineworkers (NUM) and the Chamber of Mines.
The nature of the business ensures that community development and participation remains at the core of how ubank conducts its business. This is to ensure that continuous and sustainable community investment initiatives are made that benefit our customers and the communities where we operate.
This is Achieved Through the Following Community Development and CSI Programmes:
- ubank Schools Development Programme
- Khulanathi ubank’s Employee Volunteerism Programme (Xhosa phrase meaning grow with us)
- Financial Literacy Programme
- ubank Bursary Programme
- Teach Children to Save Campaign South Africa (TCTS SA)
ubank Funding Guidelines
Organisations seeking funding from ubank for community development should supply the following:
- Background information (profile) on the organisation requiring the funds;
- A copy of the organisation’s constitution and registration details;
- A certified copy of the organisation’s most recent audited financial results;
- Confirmation of the organisation’s registration in terms of Section 30 of the Income Tax Act or Section 18A of the Income Tax Act;
- A list of funders for the organisation; and
- It should be a non-religious based organisation.
Community development through our various CSI programmes is just one of the ways of making sure that we stick to our motto of being a community bank. ** Additional information can be provided on request. Please forward your queries to email@example.com