The countrywide lockdown, to help curb the spread of COVID-19, is likely to raise many questions. We would like to reassure you that all your financial needs will be met during this period. Here is everything you need to know about our operations during the lockdown.
1. Will Ubank branches be open during the lockdown? All our main branches and ATMs will remain open during the lockdown though some mine branches may be affected. You can find the full operating branch list here.
2. What measures are in place to ensure the health and safety of everyone within branches? We have social distancing, hand sanitising, and reduced headcount measures at all branches. While this may cause some delays, please bear with us as the safety of all our people is a priority. We also have security services in branches to ensure the safety of all our people.
3. Where can I withdraw cash? You can withdraw cash at any Ubank branch and ATM, any other bank’s ATM, TEBA agencies, and Points of Sale (POS) with an EasyPay sign.
4. Where can I make a deposit? You can make a deposit at a Ubank branch, at any SA Post Office, or at any Shoprite, Checkers or Pick n Pay store with an EasyPay sign.
5. Help, I don’t have transport! How else can I transact? There are many options available to access your account or make transactions without leaving home. You can avoid crowds by safely using our internet and mobile banking. The MTN MoMo wallet app powered by Ubank is another way you can transact without travelling. Click here for more details on MoMo. Mobile transactions can also be made using our USSD *120*101010# channel if you are registered on our mobile banking app.
6. Is internet and mobile banking safe? All our digital platforms, including internet and mobile banking, are safe. The platforms are secure, and your money is always safe with us.
7. I have never used internet or mobile banking before. Where can I find more information? Our team is working remotely through the lockdown to ensure that you have all the help you need. For assistance, please call 0860 008 322.
8. Where else can I access my SASSA payout? You can access your SASSA payout at any SA post office nationwide. Ubank’s Bank on Wheels will also be assisting with SASSA payments from 30 April – 2 May 2020 at the following SA post office branches:
55 Sutherland Street
GPS Coordinates: -31.588663, 28.789073
Contact no: 073 529 7956
46 Landdros Mare Street
GPS Coordinates: -23.911964, 29.453421
Contact no: 082 778 7416
GPS Coordinates: -25.698538, 28.421464
Contact no: 082 419 7658
9. How can I increase my banking limit? For help with increasing banking limits, please visit one of our branches, or call 0860 008 322, or register and use the Ubank mobile app.
10. How will my banking be affected if the lockdown is extended? Access to your account will not be affected. The measures that are in place will continue, so all your financial needs will be met.
11. What number can I call for help? Our team is standing by in our call centre to assist as your financial needs are always a priority. Please call 0860 008 322 if you have a question or query about accessing your account.