TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF THE SISONKE SAVE TOGETHER CAMPAIGN COMPETITION
- Any person/s entering this competition (‘the entrant/s’) agree that the competition rules set out below are binding on them. A copy of these rules is available at Ubank Ltd, Registration Number 2000/013541/06 (herein referred to as Ubank, all subsidiaries and associates of Ubank and the ultimate holding company of Ubank, its subsidiaries and associates) as well as on the Ubank website (www.ubank.co.za).
- The organiser of this competition is Ubank Ltd.
- The entrant/s acknowledges that he/she has been given enough time to read these terms and conditions. The entrant is aware of all the terms and conditions.
RULES OF THE COMPETITIONS
- This competition starts on 9 July 2018 and ends on 30 September 2018.
- In order to qualify as an entrant(s) in the Sisonke Save Together campaign competition:2.1 the entrant(s) must deposit a minimum of R5000 (five thousand rand) or more, for 3 (three) consecutive months into a Save Together account. The first deposit has to be deposited during the period 9 July 2018 – 30 September 2018, and then followed up by two further consecutive deposits of a minimum of R5000 (five thousand rand) or more.
2.2 the above deposits can either be made into an existing Save Together account which meets all the requirements for entering this competition, or a new Save Together account.
2.3 the group saving in the Save Together account has to have a minimum of 10 members and each of these members must have his/her own active Eezisave account. The entrants who meet the above criteria will automatically be entered into the Sisonke Save Together competition.
- Ubank, its directors, members, partners, employees, agents or consultants, the suppliers of goods or services in connection with this competition and their respective spouses, life partners, business partners or immediate family members are not permitted to participate in this competition.
- The prizes are as follows:
There are 12 (twelve) prizes in total that will be awarded to 12 (twelve) Save Together account holders. The prizes consist of the following PER region and there are four regions – Gauteng, North West, Freestate and Eastern Cape: First Prize: 1 (one) x Ubank gazebo plus a R10 000 (ten thousand rand) deposit into the group’s Save Together account in January 2019.In addition to the above, the bank will be making 2 (two) additional draws from all qualifying entrants per region. These winners will win 1 (one) x ubank gazebo each.
- The winners will be drawn as follows:
The winners will be drawn randomly from all Save Together accounts opened during the campaign period. The first deposit must be followed up by two further consecutive deposits of a minimum of R5000 (five thousand rand) or more. A minimum of 10 (ten) members of each group will need to have individual Eezisave accounts.
- The draw will be done by a Customer Solutions Manager (not directly linked to the campaign) and overseen by Ubank Internal Audit. The draw will take place on 11 December 2018, at 12h00 at Ubank Ltd, New Road Corner Office Park, 10 Matuka Close, Erand Gardens Extension 49, Midrand.
- The winners will be contacted telephonically during the week commencing 17 December 2018. If the winner does not answer his/her landline and/or mobile phone, Ubank will leave a message on the winners’ landline or mobile phone (if possible). Ubank undertakes to try at least 3 (three) times on 3 (three) consecutive days to notify the winners telephonically. If Ubank cannot get hold of the winner telephonically or cannot leave a message telephonically, Ubank will send a notice to the contact details (i.e. via sms, e-mail or post) provided by the entrant and the winners’ account will be flagged on the banking system.
- The regional winners will be required to visit a Ubank branch to sign for the entire prize within 1 (one) month from date of written notification or date of successful notification of their win. The gazebo will be handed over at a time and place agreed by the winners and the Bank. In January 2019, the cash prize of R10 000 (then thousand rand) will be paid directly into the winning groups’ Save Together accounts. No promotional prize will be transported and/or delivered to any other address/venue. Ubank will not be liable for any travel, transport, accommodation, or any other costs when the prize is handed over or received. If the winners do not visit the branch within 1 (one) month after having been informed as set out in paragraph 7 above, Ubank has the right to do with the prize, whatever Ubank may think is reasonably fair. (The prize may also be used in a separate draw and shall then be given away in terms of the competition, if unclaimed within the specified time frames)
- When the winners accepts his/her prize, they may choose not to be identified and may refuse to have their photograph taken and published in printed media or to appear on radio and television.
- The winners’ consent will be sought before Ubank uses his/her details in any advertising, promotional, print, point-of-sale, digital or public relations material at no fee.
- Unless Ubank has been clearly negligent or intended to act in a fraudulent manner, Ubank is not liable in any way for any direct or indirect loss or damage because of an entrant or winner’s participation in this competition.
- If Ubank is unable to continue with this competition for any reason beyond its reasonable control or if it is required by any regulatory terms or applicable law, Ubank may end this competition on condition that –
12.1 no winners have been selected; and
12.2 reasonable notice has been given beforehand to all entrants.
- If this competition is withdrawn due to the instances as set out in paragraph 12 above, no entrant will have any claim of any nature whatsoever against Ubank, unless Ubank has been clearly negligent or intended to act in a fraudulent manner.
- The prize –
14.1 cannot be transferred and will only be handed over if all details given are factually correct;
14.2 will not be exchanged for any prize other than the prize offered in thiscompetition;
- Once the prize has been handed over in terms of these terms and conditions, the results of the competition are final in all respects.