- These rules pertain to the Plan for Jan Save Together Competition taking place in all the Ubank branches throughout all the regions.
- All people entering this promotional competition (the entrants) agree that these competition rules as set out in these terms and conditions are binding on them. A copy of these rules is available at all Ubank branches (from 28 November 2016) as well as on the Ubank Website (www.ubank.co.za).
- The organiser of this promotional competition is Ubank. (For purposes of this promotional competition ?Ubank? means Ubank Ltd, Registration Number 2000/013541/06, (FSP No.14740)(NCRCP21) (all subsidiaries and associates of the Ubank and the ultimate holding company of the Ubank, its subsidiaries and associates.)
- The entrant acknowledges that he/she has been given enough time to read these terms and conditions. The entrant is aware of all the terms and conditionsRULES OF THE COMPETITION
- This promotional competition starts on 1 January 2017 and ends on 31 March 2017.
- In order to qualify enter this competition the entrants would need to:
6.1 Deposit R5000 (five thousand rand) in January, February and March 2017 (each month) into a Save Together account.
6.2 The above deposits can either be made into an existing account or a new account.
Those entrants who meet the above criteria will automatically be entered into the Plan for Jan Save Together competition.
- Ubank, its directors, members, partners, employees, agents or consultants, the suppliers of goods or services in connection with this 2 promotional competition and their respective spouses, life partners, business partners or immediate family members are not permitted to participate in this promotional competition.
- The prizes are as follows:
There are 8 (eight) prizes in total that will be awarded to 8 (eight) Save Together account holders. Each prize will consist of:
1 (one) x co-branded gazebo that will have the name of the group, together with Ubank, printed on the gazebo.
1 (one) x R10 000 (ten thousand) Fixed Deposit. The winners will be required to keep the R10 000 prize money invested in a Fixed Deposit for a period of at least 6 months. Interest rates are displayed in the branches and are impacted by the Repo Rate.
- The winners will be drawn as follows:
The winners will be drawn randomly from all Save Together accounts in which the required deposits were made during the months stipulated – R5000 in January, February & March 2017.
- The draw will be done by a Customer Solutions Manager (not directly linked to the campaign) and overseen by Compliance. The draw will take place on 17 April 2017 at 12h00 at Ubank Ltd, 1 Eglin Rd, Sunninghill, Johannesburg.
- The Prizewinners will be contacted telephonically during the week commencing 17 April 2017. If the selected winner(s) does not answer his/her landline and/or mobile phone, Ubank will leave a message on the prizewinner?s landline or mobile phone (if possible). Ubank undertakes to try at least three (3) times on three (3) consecutive days to notify the prizewinners telephonically. If Ubank cannot get hold of the prizewinner(s) telephonically or cannot leave a message telephonically, Ubank will send a notice to the contact details (i.e. via sms, e-mail or post) provided by the entrant and the winner?s account will be flagged on the banking system.Ubank will deliver the prize to the prize winner. Venue/Address and time to be confirmed with the prize winner in agreement with Ubank. The prize winners must collect their prizes at the venue confirmed by him/her within one (1) month after Ubank has informed them as set out in 11 above. No 3 promotional prize will be transported and/or delivered to any other address/venue except that confirmed by the prize winners, and Ubank will not be liable for any travel, transport, accommodation, or any other costs when the prize is handed over or received. If the prizewinner does not collect his/her prize within one (1) month after having been informed as set out in 11 above, Ubank will have the right to do with the prize whatever Ubank may think is reasonably fair. (The prize may also be used in a separate draw and shall then be given away in terms of the promotional competition.)
- When the prizewinner(s) accepts his/her prize, they may choose not to be identified and may refuse to have their photographs taken and published in printed media or to appear on radio and television.
- The prize-winner?s consent will be sought before Ubank uses his/her details in any advertising, promotional, print, point-of-sale or public relations material at no fee.
- Unless Ubank has been clearly negligent or intended to act in a fraudulent manner, Ubank is not liable in any way for any direct or indirect loss or damage because of an entrant or prizewinner?s participation in the promotional competition.
- If Ubank cannot continue with the promotional competition for any reason beyond its reasonable control or if it is required by any regulatory terms or applicable law, Ubank may end the promotional competition on condition that ?
15.1 no prizewinner(s) has been determined; and
15.2 reasonable notice has been given beforehand to all entrants.
- If the promotional competition is ended as set out in 5 above, no entrant will have any claim of any nature whatsoever against Ubank, unless Ubank has been clearly negligent or intended to act in a fraudulent manner.
- The prize ?
17.1 cannot be transferred and will only be handed over if all details given are factually correct;
17.2 will not be exchanged for cash amounts or for any prize other than the prize offered in these competitions;
17.3 may be replaced by another prize of the same commercial value if the original prize is not available for any reason beyond Ubank?s reasonable control.
- Once the prize has been handed over in terms of these rules, the results of the promotion are final in all respects and no correspondence will be allowed.
Click here to see leaflet