- These rules pertain to the R100 000 (one hundred thousand) Fixed Deposit competition taking place in the Eastern Cape branches only.
- All people entering this promotional competition (the entrants) agree that these competition rules as set out in these terms and conditions are binding on them. A copy of these rules is available at all Ubank branches (from 20 June, at 08h00) as well as on the Ubank Website (ubank.co.za).
- The organiser of this promotional competition is Ubank. (For purposes of this promotional competition ?Ubank? means Ubank Ltd, Registration Number 2000/013541/06, (all subsidiaries and associates of the Ubank and the ultimate holding company of the Ubank, its subsidiaries and associates.)
- The entrant acknowledges that he/she has been given enough time to read these terms and conditions. The entrant is aware of all the terms.
RULES OF THE COMPETITIONS
- This promotional competition starts on 20 June 2016 and ends on 20 September 2016.
- In order to qualify as an entrant in the R100 000 (one hundred thousand) Fixed Deposit competition ?
- the entrant must open an Eezisave account with a deposit of R2 000 (two thousand) or more
- the entrant must save this money for a minimum period of 1 (one) monthThose entrants who meet the above criteria will be automatically entered into the R100 000 (one hundred thousand) Fixed Deposit competition.
- Ubank, its directors, members, partners, employees, agents or consultants, the suppliers of goods or services in connection with this promotional competition and their respective spouses, life partners, business partners or immediate family members are not permitted to participate in this promotional competition.
- The prize is as follows:
One prize of a R100 000 (one hundred thousand) Fixed Deposit. The winner of this competition is required to keep the R100 000 prize money invested in a Fixed Deposit for a period of at least 6 months. Interest rates are displayed in the branches and are impacted by the Repo Rate.
- The R100 000 Fixed Deposit will be drawn as follows:
The winner will be drawn randomly from all Eezisave accounts opened during the campaign period at all the Eastern Cape branches. The accounts must have been opened with a minimum balance of R2 000 (two thousand).
- The draw will be done by a Customer Solutions Manager (not directly linked to the campaign) and overseen by Compliance. The draw will take place on 24 October 2016 at 12h00 at Ubank Ltd, 1 Eglin Rd, Sunninghill, Johannesburg
- The Prizewinner will be contacted telephonically during the week commencing 24 October 2016. If the selected winner does not answer his/her landline and/or mobile phone, Ubank will leave a message on the prizewinner?s landline or mobile phone (if possible). Ubank undertakes to try at least three (3) times on three (3) consecutive days to notify the prizewinners telephonically. If Ubank cannot get hold of the prizewinner telephonically or cannot leave a message telephonically, Ubank will send a notice to the contact details (i.e. via sms, e-mail or post) provided by the entrant and the winner?s account will be flagged on the banking system.
Ubank will deliver the prize to the prize winner. Venue/Address and time to be confirmed with the prize winner in agreement with Ubank. The prize winner must collect their prizes at the venue confirmed by him/her within one (1) month after Ubank has informed them as set out in 11 above. No promotional prize will be transported and/or delivered to any other address/venue except that confirmed by the prize winners, and Ubank will not be liable for any travel, transport, accommodation, or any other costs when the prize is handed over or received. If the prizewinner does not collect his/her prize within one (1) month after having been informed as set out in 11 above, Ubank will have the right to do with the prize whatever Ubank may think is reasonably fair. (The prize may also be used in a separate draw and shall then be given away in terms of the promotional competition.)
- When the prizewinner accepts his/her prize, they may choose not to be identified and may refuse to have their photograph taken and published in printed media or to appear on radio and television.
- The prize-winner?s consent will be sought before Ubank uses his/her details in any advertising, promotional, print, point-of-sale or public relations material at no fee.
- Unless Ubank has been clearly negligent or intended to act in a fraudulent manner, Ubank is not liable in any way for any direct or indirect loss or damage because of an entrant or prizewinner?s participation in the promotional competition.
- If Ubank cannot continue with the promotional competition for any reason beyond its reasonable control or if it is required by any regulatory terms or applicable law, Ubank may end the promotional competition on condition that ?
- no prizewinner has been determined; and
- reasonable notice has been given beforehand to all entrants.
- If the promotional competition is ended as set out in 5 above, no entrant will have any claim of any nature whatsoever against Ubank, unless Ubank has been clearly negligent or intended to act in a fraudulent manner.
- The prize ?
- cannot be transferred and will only be handed over if all details given are actually correct;
- will not be exchanged for cash amounts or for any prize other than the prize offered in these competitions;
- may be replaced by another prize of the same commercial value if the original prize is not available for any reason beyond Ubank reasonable control.
- Once the prize has been handed over in terms of these rules, the results of the promotion are final in all respects and no correspondence will be allowed.