- These rules pertain to the bakkie competition and the R10 000 (ten thousand) Fixed Deposit competition taking place at Mining Branches only
- All people entering these promotional competitions (the entrants) agree that these competition rules as set out in these terms and conditions are binding on them. A copy of these rules is available at all Ubank branches (from 20 June, at 08h00) as well as on the Ubank Website (www.ubank.co.za)
- The organiser of these promotional competitions is Ubank. (For purposes of this promotional competition ?Ubank? means Ubank Ltd, Registration Number 2000/013541/06, (all subsidiaries and associates of the Ubank and the ultimate holding company of the Ubank, its subsidiaries and associates.)
- The entrant acknowledges that he/she has been given enough time to read these terms and conditions. The entrant is aware of all the terms.
RULES OF THE COMPETITIONS
- These promotional competitions start on 20 June 2016 and end on
20 September 2016.
- In order to qualify as an entrant in the bakkie competition ?
- the entrant must provide correct and full personal contact details, when applying for a loan;
- the entrant must provide all necessary documentation required for a loan application. This would include a recent payslip, the last 3 months? bank statements, proof of physical address and a green-barcoded South African identity book/card or passport
- the entrant must get a loan of R10 000 (ten thousand) or more, payable over at least 12 (twelve) months or more
- the entrant must have the loan paid into a Ubank salaried account
- the entrant cannot be in arrears with his/her loan repayments
- Those entrants who meet the above criteria will be automatically
entered into the bakkie competition only.
- In order to qualify as an entrant in the R10 000 (ten thousand) Fixed Deposit competition ?
- the entrant must open an Eezisave account with a deposit of R2 000 (two thousand) or more
- the entrant must save this money for a minimum period of 1 (one) month.
Those entrants who meet the above criteria will be automatically entered into the R10 000 (ten thousand) Fixed Deposit competition only.
- Ubank, its directors, members, partners, employees, agents or consultants, the suppliers of goods or services in connection with these promotional competitions and their respective spouses, life partners, business partners or immediate family members are not permitted to participate in these promotional competitions.
- The prizes are as follows:
- Bakkie competition: 3 x Chevrolet Utility 1400 bakkies ? no specific colours
- R10 000 Fixed Deposit competition: A Fixed Deposit valued at R10 000 (ten thousand rand) The winners of this competition are required to keep their R10 000
(ten thousand) prize invested in a Fixed Deposit for a period of at least 6 months. Interest rates are displayed in the branches and are impacted by the Repo Rate
- The bakkie prizes will be drawn as follows:
Draw 1 (for one bakkie) ? North Region: The winner will be chosen randomly from all entries from Rustenburg, Northam, Brits and Burgersfort
Draw 2 (for one bakkie) ? Freestate Region (Goldfields). The winner will be chosen randomly from all entries from Welkom and Klerksdorp
Draw 3 (for one bakkie) ? Gauteng region. The winner will be chosen randomly from all entries from the Carletonville and Evander will be randomly chosen from all entries from these areas
- The R10 000 Fixed Deposit prizes will be drawn as follows:
Draw 1 ? North Region: The winner will be chosen randomly from all entries from Rustenburg, Northam, Brits and Burgersfort
Draw 2 ? Freestate Region (Goldfields). The winner will be chosen randomly from all entries from Welkom and Klerksdorp
Draw 3 ? Gauteng region. The winner will be chosen randomly from all entries from the Carletonville and Evander
- The draws will be done by a Customer Solutions Manager (not directly
linked to the campaign) and overseen by Compliance. The draws will take
place on 24 October 2016 at 12h00 at Ubank Ltd, 1 Eglin Rd, Sunninghill,
- Prizewinners will be contacted telephonically during the week commencing 24 October 2016. If a selected winner does not answer his/her landline and/or mobile phone, Ubank will leave a message on the prizewinner?s landline or mobile phone (if possible). Ubank undertakes to try at least three (3) times on three (3) consecutive days to notify the prizewinners telephonically. If Ubank cannot get hold of a prizewinner telephonically or cannot leave a message telephonically, Ubank will send a notice to the contact details (i.e. via sms, e-mail or post) provided by the entrant and the winner?s account will be flagged on the banking system.Ubank will deliver the prizes to the prize winners. Venue/Address and time to be confirmed with the prize winners in agreement with Ubank. The prize winners must collect their prizes at the venue confirmed by them within one (1) month after Ubank has informed them as set out in 13 above. No promotional prizes will be transported and/or delivered to any other address/venue except that confirmed by the prize winners, and Ubank will not be liable for any travel, transport, accommodation, or any other costs when the prize is handed over or received. If prizewinners do not collect their prizes within one (1) month after having been informed as set out in 13 above, Ubank will have the right to do with the prize whatever Ubank may think is reasonably fair. (The prize may also be used in a separate draw and shall then be given away in terms of the promotional competition.)
- When prizewinners accept their prize, they may choose not to be identified and may refuse to have their photograph taken and published in printed media or to appear on radio and television.
- The prize-winner?s consent will be sought before Ubank uses his/her details in any advertising, promotional, print, point-of-sale or public relations material at no fee.
- Unless Ubank has been clearly negligent or intended to act in a fraudulent manner, Ubank is not liable in any way for any direct or indirect loss or damage because of an entrant or prizewinner?s participation in the promotional competition.
- If Ubank cannot continue with the promotional competition for any reason beyond its reasonable control or if it is required by any regulatory terms or applicable law, Ubank may end the promotional competition on condition that ?
- no prizewinners have been determined; and
- reasonable notice has been given beforehand to all entrants.
- If the promotional competition is ended as set out in 5 above, no entrant will have any claim of any nature whatsoever against Ubank, unless Ubank has been clearly negligent or intended to act in a fraudulent manner.
- The prize ?
- cannot be transferred and will only be handed over if all details given are factually correct;
- will not be exchanged for cash amounts or for any prize other than the prize offered in these competitions;
- may be replaced by another prize of the same commercial value if the original prize is not available for any reason beyond Ubank reasonable control.
- Once the prize has been handed over in terms of these rules, the results of the promotion are final in all respects and no correspondence will be allowed.