- Any person entering this competition (?the entrants?) agree that the competition rules set out below are binding on them. A copy of these rules is available at all Ubank branches as well as on the Ubank Website (www.ubank.co.za).
- The organiser of this competition is Ubank. (For purposes of this promotional competition ?Ubank? means Ubank Ltd, Registration Number 2000/013541/06, (all subsidiaries and associates of the Ubank and the ultimate holding company of the Ubank, its subsidiaries and associates.)
- The entrant acknowledges that he/she has been given enough time to read
these terms and conditions. The entrant is aware of all the terms.
RULES OF THE COMPETITIONS
- This competition starts on 24 May 2017 and ends on 31 July 2017.
- In order to qualify as an entrant in the Score more Moola, Eezisave competition:
2.1 the entrant must open a NEW Eezisave account with a minimum deposit of R100 (one hundred rand);
2.2 the Eezisave account must be linked to a Ubank debit card and not a savings book.
Those entrants who meet the above criteria will be given an opportunity to
pick a cash voucher out of the competition box in the branch. The entrant will
also be automatically entered into the R10 000 (ten thousand rand) Regional
Fixed Deposit Draw.
- Ubank, its directors, members, partners, employees, agents or consultants,
the suppliers of goods or services in connection with this competition and
their respective spouses, life partners, business partners or immediate family
members are not permitted to participate in this competition.
- Entrants who qualify to enter the competition will be given the opportunity to draw a cash voucher from the competition box in the branch. The entrant could win 1 (one) of the following cash vouchers valued at R50 (fifty rand), R100 (one hundred rand), R200 (two hundred rand), R500 (five hundred rand) or R750 (seven hundred and fifty rand). Each entrant will be given 1 (one) opportunity to draw a voucher from the competition box. The entrant may not exchange his/her voucher drawn, for another voucher. The entrant may not open more than 1 (one) Eezisave account during the campaign period. Once the entrant has drawn the cash voucher, the voucher must be given to a teller in the branch, who will then deposit the value of the voucher directly into the entrant?s new Eezisave account. The cash from the voucher will reflect in the entrant?s account within 7 (seven) days.Cash vouchers will be available for the duration of the competition or while stocks last whichever is the earlier.In addition to the above competition, each entrant will be automatically entered into the Regional Fixed Deposit competition where the prize is a R10 000 (ten thousand rand) fixed deposit. There are 4 (four) regions, which include, Northern region, Freestate, Gauteng and the Eastern Cape. The winner of each region is required to keep the R10 000 (ten thousand rand) prize money invested in a Fixed Deposit for a minimum period of 6 (six) months. The interest rate applicable to the fixed deposit will be displayed in all the branches. The interest rate in impacted by the Repo Rate and will change accordingly. Ubank has no control over the rates.
- REGIONAL FIXED DEPOSIT DRAW OF R10,000 (TEN THOUSAND RAND) RULES AND PROCESSES
- The winners will be drawn randomly from all Eezisave accounts opened in each region (one winner per region), during the campaign period. The accounts must have been opened with a minimum deposit of R100 (one hundred rand). The R10,000 (ten thousand rand) regional fixed deposit is to remain for a minimum period of 6 (six) months.
- The draw will be done by a Customer Solutions Manager (not directly linked to the campaign) and overseen by Compliance. The draw will take place on 10 August 2017 at 12h00 at Ubank Ltd, 1 Eglin Rd, Sunninghill, Johannesburg.
- The winners will be contacted telephonically during the week commencing 14 August 2017. If the winner does not answer his/her landline and/or mobile phone, Ubank will leave a message on the winners? landline or mobile phone (if possible). Ubank undertakes to try at least 3 (three) times on 3 (three) consecutive days to notify the winners telephonically. If Ubank cannot get hold of the winner telephonically or cannot leave a message telephonically, Ubank will send a notice to the contact details (i.e. via sms, e-mail or post) provided by the entrant and the winners? account will be flagged on the banking system. The prescription of the winners? claim to the R10,000 (ten thousand rand) deposit is 6 (six) months from date or written notification.
- The winners will be required to visit a Ubank branch to open their Fixed Deposit within 1 (one) month from date of written notification or date of successful notification. The winner must open the Fixed Deposit at the venue confirmed by him/her within 1 (one) month after Ubank has informed the winner as set out in paragraph 7 above. No promotional prize will be transported and/or delivered to any other address/venue. Ubank will not be liable for any travel, transport, accommodation, or any other costs when the prize is handed over or received. If the winner does not open the Fixed Deposit within one (1) month after having been informed as set out in paragraph 7 above, Ubank has the right to do with the R10, 000 (ten thousand rand) whatever Ubank may think is reasonably fair. (The prize may also be used in a separate draw and shall then be given away in terms of the competition.)
- When the winner accepts his/her prize, they may choose not to be identified and may refuse to have their photograph taken and published in printed media or to appear on radio and television.
- The winners consent will be sought before Ubank uses his/her details in any advertising, promotional, print, point-of-sale or public relations material at no fee.
- Unless Ubank has been clearly negligent or intended to act in a fraudulent manner, Ubank is not liable in any way for any direct or indirect loss or damage because of an entrant or winner?s participation in this competition.
- If Ubank is unable to continue with this competition for any reason beyond its reasonable control or if it is required by any regulatory terms or applicable law, Ubank may end this competition on condition that ?
12.1 no winners have been selected; and
12.2 reasonable notice has been given beforehand to all entrants.
- If this competition is withdrawn due to the instances as set out in paragraph 12 above, no entrant will have any claim of any nature whatsoever against Ubank, unless Ubank has been clearly negligent or intended to act in a fraudulent manner.
- The prize ?
14.1 cannot be transferred and will only be handed over if all details given are factually correct;
14.2 will not be exchanged for any prize other than the prize offered in this competition;
- Once the prize has been handed over in terms of these rules, the results of
the competition are final in all respects.
The prizes are as follows: