Ideal if you have R1 000 or more to invest for 3 months or longer. A Fixed Deposit is a very safe form of investment as it offers a higher rate of interest. As an account holder, a Fixed Deposit is an ideal type of account that does more for your money with little effort from your side. All you have to do is take all the necessary documents, go to your nearest ubank branch and speak to our consultants about the Fixed Deposit term that will best suit you.
More About Fixed Deposit Account
- Invest from as little as R1 000
- Choose your investment period from 3 month to 60 months
- Interest rates for your Fixed Deposit Account are calculated based on the term you choose to invest for
- Interest is paid to you either every month straight into your ubank account or at the end of the Fixed Deposit investment period
- Look out for the interest rates that we are currently paying at your ubank branch
- You will need to have a Savings Account
To Open the Fixed Deposit Account You Need:
- Minimum deposit of R1 000
- A green bar-coded identity book or valid South African passport
- Proof of physical address (not older than 3 months)
Your Money Will be Available to Withdraw
- At the end of the investment period
- If you need your money earlier in case of an emergency, come and talk
The Fixed Deposit Account is advantageous because you are guaranteed returns at the end of your investment term. It is also one of the safest ways to save because you are guaranteed that your money will earn interest.