Perfect for you if you are part of a group you can trust that has a common goal and you want to save together.
More About Save Together
- You and the rest of your group can earn great interest by putting your money in one account
- The more money you save, the higher the interest
- The group’s savings are shown in a savings book so everyone can see how much you are saving
- Your money is safe in this book-based account as one person cannot withdraw the money. You need between two to eight signatures before you can withdraw the money
- Interest payable to you is worked out (calculated) daily and is paid into your account at the end of the month
- Look out for the interest rates that we are currently paying at your ubank branch.
To Open the Account You Need:
- Minimum deposit of R40
- The green bar-coded identity book or valid South African passport of everyone who will be signing on the account
- Proof of physical address (not older than 3 months) of everyone who will be signing on the account
Your Money Will be Available to Withdraw
- Immediately if a cash deposit was made
- After 21 days if a cheque deposit was made