The passing away of a loved one in the family is a traumatic event. Not only is there the emotional grief to deal with, but often unforeseen funeral expenses as well. ubank’s Funeral Plan options give you the peace of mind that you or your family will have one less thing to worry about.
A Funeral Plan for You
- For a small monthly payment, you or your family’s funeral arrangements are taken care of in the event of death
- No limit on the number of children, plus up to four parents and nine relatives can be covered
- No medical or HIV testing needed
- Choose from the Classic or Premier option, depending on the type of cover you need
- Specify the amount you wish to be covered for up to R18 000 for the Classic option or R30 000 for the Premier option
- Underwritten by Metropolitan Life
- We pay out within 48 hours of getting all the right documents
The Funeral Services Benefit is available as an optional benefit under the Premier Plan & offers assistance such as:
- Payment of up to R30 000 in 6 equal monthly instalments after death, which will cater for extra expenses such as payment of accounts, groceries and other household expenses.
- Arranging of the hearse, flowers, catering etc
- Transportation of the deceased to and from the mortuary
- Assistance with choice of coffin and delivery thereof to the undertakers
- Booking of the grave or the crematorium with the relevant authorities to mention a few…
To Apply You Will Need
- To be younger than 65 years old
To Bring Along
- A green bar-coded South African identity book if you are a permanent resident of South Africa (to qualify for member, family and extended cover); OR
- Your passport if you are from Lesotho (to qualify for member, family and extended cover); OR
- Your passport or green bar-coded South African identity book if you are a citizen from Botswana, Mozambique, Swaziland or Zimbabwe (to qualify for member only no family member cover available)
- Proof of physical address (not older than three months)
You are Covered
You decide who you want to cover.
|Plan||Name of plan||Who can be covered|
|A||Family||Yourself, your life partner and/or your financially dependent children|
|B||Member & children||Yourself, and/or your financially dependent children|
|C||Member & life partner||Yourself and your life partner|
|D||Member only||Yourself only|
|E||Parent Funeral Plan||Parents and/or parents-in-law|
|F||Extended Funeral Plan||Relatives|
|G||Funeral Services Benefits||Yourself only|
Plans A-F provide you with cover of between R3 000 and R30 000. Classic up to R18 000 and Premier up to R30 000
Plan G, which you can add optionally, provides you with cover between R5 000 and R30 000 – Premier only.
When Do You Qualify to Claim?
- For members, their life partners, parents, parents-in-law, immediate and extended family you can claim after six premiums have been paid, six months after signing up
- If the death is as a result of an accident, the claim can be made immediately
- For members, their life partners, immediate family, parents and parents-in-law you can claim after three premiums have been paid, three months after signing up
- For extended family members you can claim after six premiums have been paid, six months after signing up
- If the death is as a result of an accident, the claim can be made immediately
- Paid up benefits. No further premiums will be payable if the contributing member dies, becomes disabled or retires
- Accident benefit for Premier Plan only: If you, your life partner or children over the age of 14* die in an accident, we will DOUBLE the payout
Family Assistance Benefits for Premier Plan Only: You Get Free Year-round Access to a 24 Hour Helpline that Can Help You With
- Funeral assistance;
- Legal issues;
- Moving the body from one country or place to another; and
- Emergency medical services.
* But younger than the retirement age chosen by you (age 60 or 65).
Credit Life Assurance
Description of Product
To cover the outstanding loan balance on Ubank Personal Loans, it is essential to take Credit Life Assurance in order to cover for life’s unexpected eventualities. It is the perfect solution should you lose your job suddenly, as a result of death, a retrenchment, or if you no longer have any source of income yet you still have to honour your loan repayments. It is available to all loan customers who wish to insure themselves against death, disability and retrenchment. The Policy is underwritten by Momentum.
What Are The Features Of The Product?
Credit Life Assurance’s main objective is to help you repay your loan when you are unable to do so.
– The cover accommodates the loan that you have taken out with Ubank.
– The benefit amount is calculated as if all loan repayments were kept up to date and it excludes any arrears, and interest on any arrears.
-Your Policy schedule will show which benefits (temporary disability, permanent disability, death and retrenchment) you are covered for and Momentum will pay Ubank. This payment settles your outstanding loan.
What Are The Benefits Of Credit Life Assurance?
– Premiums are not payable whilst receiving a temporary disability benefit.
– Momentum will not charge any penalties if you cancel your Policy.
– Credit Life Assurance premiums form part of the loan repayment.
Cessation Of Benefits
Your benefits will stop as soon as one of the following events happens:
– The maximum payment period expires, provided that the periods of recurrent disability are added together for the purposes of determining the payment period that has already elapsed if you die.
– The retrenchment benefit will stop, when the maximum payment period expires or you die.
– Your loan is repaid in full.
– A permanent disability benefit becomes payable.
– Momentum is not satisfied that you are still temporarily disabled.
– You do not fulfil all of the other conditions in order to be eligible for a benefit in terms of this Policy.
-You reach the benefit termination date.
-You are absent from a Southern African country for longer than 12 consecutive months, unless Momentum agrees in writing to extend this period.
-You default on your loan.
How Does The Product Work?
Momentum will pay the death, permanent disability and temporary disability benefit, once the required documents have been submitted and the claim has been received by Momentum under the terms and conditions of this policy. If there is any surplus when the benefit is paid, this surplus is payable by Ubank to you or to your nominated beneficiaries, if you die. The first payment will take place on the last day of the month in which the assessment period expires.
The customer must provide Ubank with all the initial information and assessments required by Momentum in order to adequately assess the claim.
In respect of a death claim, Ubank must notify Momentum of the claim. Ubank needs to give the completed forms and documents to Momentum not more than six months after of the death.
If Momentum asks for any additional information or supporting documents over and above the standard, prescribed requirements, these must be provided to Momentum within six months of Momentum’s request.
What do you need to make a claim?
– A legible, fully completed Momentum claim form.
– You need a green bar-coded South African identity book or smart card, or a valid South African passport.
– A copy of your death certificate/ medical evidence that proves to Momentum that you are permanently or temporarily disabled.
– Proof of your membership, if requested by Momentum.
– If you are retrenched, a letter from your former employer stating that you have suffered a loss of employment due to a staff reduction program and that the loss of employment did not arise as a result of any of the circumstances under which cover is not provided and an affidavit from you confirming your retrenchment.
Claims are assessed within a reasonable time of receiving them. On admission of the claim, and on the satisfaction of the provisions of this Policy, Momentum will pay the benefit in accordance with the provisions of this Policy. Momentum is entitled to call for any medical or other evidence at any stage while a member’s claim is being considered, or at any relevant time thereafter.
Limitations / Exclusions Of The Product
No benefit is payable under this Policy for any claim if, during the first 12 months following your Policy start date, in the opinion of Momentum, the claim is as a result of any illness, injury or condition that you knew about, negligent, or could reasonably be expected to have known about or were diagnosed with or were treated for, or displayed symptoms of during the six months before your Policy start date. You must still pay the premiums during the assessment period. If you stop paying your premiums, your Policy will lapse, which means that you aren’t covered for any benefits.
The monthly premiums include fees and commissions payable to Ubank. A premium is charged per R1000. Permanent and contract workers are charged a different premium.
TO FIND OUT MORE INFORMATION ABOUT THIS PRODUCT
Visit your nearest branch with all the relevant documents to apply or contact the Call centre on 086000 8322 for more information.