YES U CAN!
PERSONAL LOAN AND TRANSACTIONAL ACCOUNT COMPETITIONS TERMS
- The organiser of this competition is Ubank Ltd.
- Any person/s entering these competitions (‘the entrant/s’) agree that the competition
rules set out below are binding on them. A copy of these rules is available at Ubank Ltd,
Registration Number 2000/013541/06 (herein referred to as Ubank, all subsidiaries and
associates of the Ubank and the ultimate holding company of the Ubank, its subsidiaries
and associates) as well as on the Ubank website (www.ubank.co.za).
- The entrant/s acknowledges that he/she has been given enough time to read
these terms and conditions. The entrant is aware of all the terms.
RULES OF THE COMPETITIONS
- This competition starts on 15 March 2018 and ends on 15 June 2018.
- In order to qualify as an entrant in the Yes U Can! Personal loan and transactional account Competition:
- 2.1 the entrant must apply for a minimum loan of R10 000 during the campaign period; and
- 2.2 the entrant must have his loan paid into a Ubank transactional account.
Those entrants who apply for a loan and open or use an existing transactional account will be given an opportunity to pick a cash voucher out of the competition tins at the branch. The entrants who have the loan paid into a ubank transactional account will be automatically entered into the “Win the value of your loan back” regional draw. The maximum paid out in this draw per region will be R25 000 (twenty five thousand rand only).
- Ubank, its directors, members, partners, employees, agents or consultants, the suppliers of goods or services in connection with this competition and their respective spouses, life partners, business partners or immediate family members are not permitted to participate in this competition.
- The prizes are as follows:
Entrants who qualify to enter this competition will be given the opportunity to draw one cash voucher from the competition tins at the branch. The entrant could win 1 (one) of the following cash vouchers valued at R10 (ten rand), R20 (twenty rand) or R50 (fifty rand rand). Each entrant will be given 1 (one) opportunity to draw a voucher from the competition tins. The entrant may not exchange his/her voucher drawn, for another voucher. Should the entrant apply for more than one loan during the campaign period, only the first loan application will enable the entrant to enter the competition. Once the entrant has drawn the cash voucher, the voucher must be given to a teller in the branch, who will then deposit the value of the voucher directly into the entrant’s new transactional account. The cash from the voucher will reflect in the entrant’s account within 7 (seven) days.Cash vouchers will be available for the duration of the competition or while stocks last, whichever is the earlier.In addition to the above competition, each entrant who has a loan paid into a Ubank transactional account, will be automatically entered into the “Win the value of your loan back” regional draw, where the prize will be paid directly into the winner’s transactional account. There are 4 (four) regions, which include, Northern region, Freestate, Gauteng and the Eastern Cape – each region will have one winner.
- REGIONAL “Win the value of your loan back” DRAW RULES AND PROCESSES, TERMS AND CONDITIONS.
The winners in each region will be drawn randomly from all qualifying loans approved and paid into transactional accounts (one winner per region), during the campaign period. A maximum of R25 000 (twenty five thousand rand) will be paid per region. Loans that are in arrears during the competition period are not eligible to participate in these competitions.
- The draw will be done by a Customer Solutions Manager (not directly linked to the campaign) and overseen by Internal Audit. The draw will take place on 29 June 2018, at 12h00 at Ubank Ltd, New Road Corner Office Park, 10 Matuka Close, Erand Gardens Extension 49, Midrand.
- The winners will be contacted telephonically during the week commencing 9 July 2018. If the winner does not answer his/her landline and/or mobile phone, Ubank will leave a message on the winners’ landline or mobile phone (if possible). Ubank undertakes to try at least 3 (three) times on 3 (three) consecutive days to notify the winners telephonically. If Ubank cannot get hold of the winner telephonically or cannot leave a message telephonically, Ubank will send a notice to the contact details (i.e. via sms, e-mail or post) provided by the entrant and the winners’ account will be flagged on the banking system.
- The regional winners will be required to visit a Ubank branch to sign for the entire prize within 1 (one) month from date of written notification or date of successful notification of their win. At this time, the cash value of the prize will be paid directly into the winner’s transactional account. No promotional prize will be transported and/or delivered to any other address/venue. Ubank will not be liable for any travel, transport, accommodation, or any other costs when the prize is handed over or received. If the winner does not visit the branch within one (1) month after having been informed as set out in paragraph 7 above, Ubank has the right to do with the the cash value of the prize, whatever Ubank may think is reasonably fair. (The prize may also be used in a separate draw and shall then be given away in terms of the competition.)
- When the winner accepts his/her prize, they may choose not to be identified and may refuse to have their photograph taken and published in printed media or to appear on radio and television.
- The winners consent will be sought before Ubank uses his/her details in any advertising, promotional, print, point-of-sale or public relations material at no fee.
- Unless Ubank has been clearly negligent or intended to act in a fraudulent manner, Ubank is not liable in any way for any direct or indirect loss or damage because of an entrant or winner’s participation in this competition.
- If Ubank is unable to continue with this competition for any reason beyond its reasonable control or if it is required by any regulatory terms or applicable law, Ubank may end this competition on condition that –
- 12.1 no winners have been selected; and
- 12.2 reasonable notice has been given beforehand to all entrants.
- If this competition is withdrawn due to the instances as set out in paragraph 12 above, no entrant will have any claim of any nature whatsoever against Ubank, unless Ubank has been clearly negligent or intended to act in a fraudulent manner.
- The prize –
- 14.1 cannot be transferred and will only be handed over if all details given are factually correct;
- 14.2 will not be exchanged for any prize other than the prize offered in this competition;
- Once the prize has been handed over in terms of these rules, the results of the competition are final in all respects.